Home Open Account Help 390 users online

Canadian Railroads > Something For HoggerDoug

Date: 07/22/15 01:03
Something For HoggerDoug
Author: LKeithR

Made a quick trip to 100 Mile House on Monday and while my wife visited with an old friend I slipped up to Exeter to see what might be happening.  When I got there one of CN's finest was sitting dead on the back track.  I grabbed a couple shots and then went on up to the hill above the mill to have a look.  I heard some chatter on the scanner and by the time I got back to the station again 4731 was alive and doing some switching.

1)  Is this a new CN paint scheme?
2)  I threw in a shot of the mill yard just to show the tracks where they curve down into the valley.
3)  Working in front of the station.

Keith Robertson
Langley, BC

Date: 07/22/15 01:05
Re: Something For HoggerDoug
Author: LKeithR

....Three more shots...

Keith Robertson
Langley, BC

Date: 07/22/15 05:07
Author: hoggerdoug

Thanks Keith.  That would be the Exeter switcher crew. Being Monday they may have taxied from Williams Lake to Exeter, or perhaps CN has established a yard crew there instead of a road switcher assignment. It sure looks hot and dry there.  What can I say about the 4731, "pride of the fleet" or testing some sort of camouflage paint scheme.  Doug

Date: 07/22/15 10:28
Author: trainjunkie

Neat. I didn't know there was a little yard there. I'll have to check it out this fall when I make my annual southward migration from Alaska to California.

Date: 07/22/15 13:09
Author: hoggerdoug

Yes a small yard, main, siding and industrial 1 to 3. Industrial 3 is a stub end track, northend connection only. Years ago Exeter was a very busy spot on the railway, numerous mills, large and small as well as a TOFC ramp, two bulk oil spurs and other assorted customers. Now it is down to West Fraser sawmill on the northend and Ainsworth OSB on the southend of the yard. Doug
trainjunkie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Neat. I didn't know there was a little yard there.
> I'll have to check it out this fall when I make my
> annual southward migration from Alaska to
> California.

Date: 07/22/15 16:24
Author: BCR4619

The conductor happens to be a good friend, he is out of Lillooet.

C

Date: 07/28/15 21:37
Author: SP4360

I like the Carribou Camo paint. That looks like a neat place to hang out for a day or two.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1686 seconds