Home Open Account Help 256 users online

Canadian Railroads > life before Saskatchewan for a T6

Date: 07/29/15 13:11
life before Saskatchewan for a T6
Author: FT

In the wonderful post about chasing the T6 across the prairie, I thought there might be mention of where she lived and worked before Neptune Terminal.
First shot , in as delivered paint Portland, OR 1970

Second in powder blue. By this time the atractive PT logo with the Portland Depot was no more.

About two years ago fellow fan Larry Russel and myself spent almost an hour clearing the lush weeds from the trucks, at Ogema. That Neptune Term paint looked like a combo of CN and an odd green, kind of a mess.
Wish there had been some info as to if it was sold or going on lease or what.

Keith A (ft)

Date: 07/29/15 14:32
Re: life before Saskatchewan for a T6
Author: tsokolan

Nice shots! The T6 is in good hands, and will eventually pull the tourist train for the Southern Prairie Railroad out of Ogema SK. The owner has a spare long hood, as well as lots of other parts and as time permits plans to finish the mechanical work and eventually re paint the vintage switcher.
-Trevor

Date: 07/29/15 16:06
Re: life before Saskatchewan for a T6
Author: CP9300

FT Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In the wonderful post about chasing the T6 across
> the prairie, I thought there might be mention of
> where she lived and worked before Neptune
> Terminal.
> First shot , in as delivered paint Portland, OR
> 1970
>
> Second in powder blue. By this time the atractive
> PT logo with the Portland Depot was no more.
>
> About two years ago fellow fan Larry Russel and
> myself spent almost an hour clearing the lush
> weeds from the trucks, at Ogema. That Neptune Term
> paint looked like a combo of CN and an odd green,
> kind of a mess.
> Wish there had been some info as to if it was sold
> or going on lease or what.
>
> Keith A (ft)

Great shots Keith and thank you for providing some background. Besides it being an exPortland Terminal T6 and knowing the number, I had very little info on the history of that locomotive that wasn't already provided for in the Canadian Trackside Guide. I appreaciate having those blanks filled in. As Trevor stated, it is in good hands and has had extensive sheet metal work done to the cab recently as evidenced by the different colors. I expect to make a return in the coming years to see and ride behind it working on the tourist train.

Cheers, A.J.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0336 seconds