Home Open Account Help 301 users online

Canadian Railroads > Canpotex loading

Date: 08/23/15 06:49
Canpotex loading
Author: rschonfelder

I was just looking at a new video just bought from Left Coast Rail Videos.  This is the first venture into the Great White North for this California filming group. 

The video is shot in August of 2014 and I noticed Canpotex trains being hauled by CN.  Was this always the case or did CP lose some of this business to CN?   I know CP is still hauling their trains down through the Crow and onto the UP to Portland but it was the first time I've noticed CN hauling.

Rick

Date: 08/23/15 20:38
Re: Canpotex loading
Author: SlackAction

While I don't have any hard statistics available, CP did lose a considerable share of Canpotex's total Vancouver-bound haulage to CN, though not all. A number of Canpotex trains are still hauled into Vancouver by CP.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/15 20:43 by SlackAction.

Date: 08/24/15 18:09
Re: Canpotex loading
Author: tsokolan

CN has taken some of the potash business away from CP, although I still find it strange to shoot Canpotex unit trains with CN power. Here's a shot from the other day of a westbound potash train with an ex. BCR Dash9 as rear DPU. Wabamun Alberta

-Trevor

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0428 seconds