Home Open Account Help 296 users online

Canadian Railroads > First Tier 4 AC on the EAST Coast.

Date: 08/26/15 18:05
First Tier 4 AC on the EAST Coast.
Author: cn6218

We saw pictures of the first CN ET44AC to make it to the West Coast a few days ago.  Here's a short video of CN 3004, on its first trip (and the first for a Tier 4 locomotive) to the East Coast.  3004 arrived here as the trailing unit behind 2895 and 2946 on August 19th.  Instead of turning the lead unit as is often done, they simply left in the reverse order that they arrived, so 3004 led.  A CN engineman tells me three AC units are rated for 13,000 tons between here and Montreal, about the same as four DCs.  By some quirk of fate, 121 left at 19:50 on this particular evening, putting them in Windsor Jct. where this was shot, at 20:10.  It was a cloudy day, and the sun wouldn't have lit this section of track anyway, but here it is for the record.

I would have posted this earlier if I could have figured out how to get the fades at the start and end of the clip.  I still have a lot to learn about this video editing stuff! :-)

GTD

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 08/27/15 07:42
Re: First Tier 4 AC on the EAST Coast.
Author: electromac

Excellent video........

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0338 seconds