Author: hoggerdoug

A few from the past.   Doug
6516 drifting eastbound off the Dundas sub at Bayview Junction,  June 1971
6516r, sort of a side & rear view
6516z "cropped, zoomed and enhanced" sort of

Date: 11/20/15 04:18
Re: F unit Friday

two more images, Oct 1970 of an eastbound N&W powered with 3 Funits at Canfield Junction, .   The N&W had trackage rights on the CN Cayuga Sub.  Canfield Junction was an interesting place, double track CASO, CN Cayuga sub paralleling in close proximity and the CN Dunnville sub crossing over all three tracks. We would see a variety of trains with NYC, Penn Central power, some C&O trains, CN as well as the N&W.
thanks for looking.   Doug
N&W 01 as off the scanner
N&W 02 some enhancing although the early morning light and fog was a challenge for the Instamatic camera I had.  Nevertheless a "Kodak Moment"

Date: 11/20/15 06:12
Author: Thumper

Canfield Junction is now an open field, no tracks for miles and miles and miles in any direction.
Bayview also has changed; major construction as removed hills (and in particular the one you were
probably standing upon and the hill behind the locomotive is completely obscured by
overgrowth; the Royal Botanical Gardens through which the CN Dundas Sub is located prefers to not even
have the visitors to the Gardens aware the tracks exist.

Bryce Lee
Burlington, Ontario

Date: 11/20/15 07:25

I have not been to Canfield Jct since the mid 1970's. Not worth the trip there now!! 

I can remember the days when the railfans could drive and park right at Bayview, no hassle no problems. Sure can't do that now.  Doug

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/15 07:26 by hoggerdoug.

Date: 11/21/15 10:26
Author: cn6218

That number, 6516, seemed familiar.  In Doug's picture it was less than 15 years old.  After its CN career was over, it spent another roughly 15 years working for VIA, and then 10+ years working seasonally for the Conway Scenic in New Hampshire.  It now has a rather uninspired blue dip paint job, and hauls Pan Am Railways' business train as PAR 2.

In July of 2009, 6516 was nearing the end of its stint on the Conway Scenic as it lead the Notch train (with 6505) for a meet with the Valley train at Bartlett, NH in the rain.  A mile or two later it was raining even harder​ as they crossed the road to one of the many ski slopes in the area.  The paint was starting to look a little shabby after amost 14 years, but I always thought it was a classy tribute to its original livery.

GTD​

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0569 seconds