Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Canadian Railroads > Car Number Locations - Again, Sorry!

Date: 11/22/15 21:04
Car Number Locations - Again, Sorry!
Author: jp1822

Repeat question here. I know this was recently brought up, but I can not find the thread.....

Can anyone tell me the car numbers on the Canadian again? Park Car to coach, for example. 

Curious as to where 213 and 218 are located - in off season that is. I always try to book closest to Park Car. However appears I may have to "switch cars or sleepers" enroute. And if they add sleepers, I am sure it is towards the front now!!!

Any info appreciated!!! 

Date: 11/23/15 04:35
Re: Car Number Locations - Again, Sorry!
Author: DrawingroomA

My recent observations in Toronto are: from rear towards the front (I will leave out the prefix "1" or "2")  Park car 39, Prestige 30, 12, 11, 10, dining car, 13.   When the short winter consists first replaced the long summer trains, sleeper 13 was between 12 and 30.

There is no point in asking anyone at VIA because, from my experience, the reservation agents are not told this information. As has been discussed earlier, in May this year VIA decided to reverse the order of the sleepers. VIA agents were still telling people what they knew about that, which was that there was no change.  My friends and I had booked cabins in car 222 to be close to the Park car and I had seen the train with that car number being the first and 10 being the last except for Prestige.  A few days before our June trip I asked again and an agent in Moncton checked with "operations" and they insisted the numbering was the same as it had been for several years.  When we boarded in Vancouver we discovered that, as expected, sleeper 22 was 16 cars from the Park car. 

Who knows what will happen next spring.  I certainly won't rely on VIA to know what is going on but will count on people's actual observations.

Date: 12/08/15 20:01
Re: Car Number Locations - Again, Sorry!
Author: nonamemal

Hey, you where still booked on a time machince, with a little bit farther to walk.
What's not to like? Time machine (well mantained Budd equipment), or no time machine at all..  ?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0712 seconds