Home Open Account Help 297 users online

Canadian Railroads > A rare leader these days.... and unwanted by the crew

Date: 11/23/15 18:47
A rare leader these days.... and unwanted by the crew
Author: Mberry

Most of CN's ex-Oakway SD60's are in storage, so I was very surprised to see one leading CN 149 this morning. Apparently the crew was none too pleased as they ended up wyeing the power at Belleville. Here CN 5437 leads two more EMD's (SD75I's CN 5747 & CN 5666) as CN 149 crosses the Lachine canal in Montreal on a gorgeous morning.

Michael Berry

Date: 11/24/15 07:09
Re: A rare leader these days.... and unwanted by the crew
Author: Train611

#1...great image!

Date: 11/24/15 08:37
Author: santafe199

Mberry Wrote: > ...they ended up wyeing the power...

Beautiful shot! Funny how the times change: I can remember doing the exact same thing back in the early 1980s to get a CF-7 off the point & a "modern" EMD cab (much like this one) ON the point...

Lance/199

Date: 11/24/15 13:23
Author: hoggerdoug

There may have been some issues of in cab "creature comforts" such as bad order: seat, microwave oven, radio, lack of working heaters, non-functioning fridge or hot plate, full holding tank, cracked windshield or just general lack of maintainece and repair. Kudos to the crew for not taking it on the point. It's not a perfect world but if you are going to be stuck in that cab for upwards of twelve hours at least be accomodated and comfortable. Another thought, weren't these units known for bad cab vibration and noise??  Been there done that.  Doug

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/15 13:25 by hoggerdoug.

Date: 11/25/15 06:45
Author: SD45X

But you can't put your feet up on that wide cab.....:)

Date: 11/26/15 05:34
Author: CN_Hogger

CN SD70/75s aren't desktops, pleanty of room to put your feet up!!

CN_Hogger

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.031 seconds