Home Open Account Help 356 users online

Canadian Railroads > F unit Friday

Date: 11/27/15 02:51
F unit Friday
Author: hoggerdoug

A few images taken at Prince George BC at the CN yard, June 1981. Not quite sure if this road power was waiting for their train to go west, or a set of power that had arrived from the east and waiting to go to the shops. Either way, they are stopped at the west end of the yard for some reason. The few coal trains I ran to the CN yard from BC Rail, it was always an "experience" wiggling our way into or out of the yard and shop tracks.
I do not have an image of the middle unit in this consist, I was more interested in the lead and trailing unit.

Date: 11/27/15 02:56
Re: F unit Friday

June 1982, CN and the 9168 cooperated at Calder yard in Edmonton for a photo of the other side of 9168. she was looking a little tired, rode hard and put away wet.  I was at the time not quite one year into a three year lay off from BC Rail.  I did a couple of stints with CN during this time as a "carman helper" as well as working for Otis Elevator as a "mechanic's helper" on various construction sites in Edmonton.  thanks for looking,  Doug

Date: 11/27/15 03:26
Author: kgmontreal

That GP40-2(W) certainly towers over the F-units.

KG

Date: 11/27/15 03:50

20 /20 hindsight, I wish I had been more enthusiastic railfanning and taken more pictures during my times in Prince George and Edmonton, quite a variety of locomotives to be seen.  Doug

Date: 11/27/15 06:35
Author: fredstoltz

Love looking at " B " units.  Never enough pictures of them.  Fred

Date: 11/27/15 21:20
Author: greshe3

Thanks for sharing ,great pictures .I got to ride in one of the sister f units CN 9157 from Smithers to Endako B.C.and back  with a family friend, I had a choice of riding in the caboose or engine. I chose the engine and got to sit in the middle seat, later making my way to the back of the locomotive, to use the bathroom what a experiance that was for a young kid .  Greg

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0482 seconds