Home Open Account Help 275 users online

Canadian Railroads > MLW Monday- Old Workhorse At Prince George

Date: 02/01/16 10:48
MLW Monday- Old Workhorse At Prince George
Author: LKeithR

I don't have a lot of MLW stuff so not much to contribute to "MLW Monday".  I did get these shots of BC Rail RS10 586 sitting very dejectedly at the Prince George Railway & Forestry Museum in early June of 2009.  Pic 3 is a "character study" of the old girl.  There's quite a bit  of interesting stuff at the museum but a lot of it needs some TLC.  GPS Coordinates... 53.920882 -122.731468

Keith Robertson
Langley, BC

Date: 02/01/16 11:30
Re: MLW Monday- Old Workhorse At Prince George
Author: BCR_766

She's in rough shape! Its too bad she couldnt be moved to a place who has the time and money to restore her to display conditions!

Date: 02/01/16 18:26
Author: BCR4619

Time and money.... very hard to come by in a museum these days :(

BCR_766 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She's in rough shape! Its too bad she couldnt be
> moved to a place who has the time and money to
> restore her to display conditions!

Date: 02/02/16 19:46
Author: LKeithR

I haven't been back to Prince George since 2009 so I have no idea what the status of some of the equipment is.  In 2009 there was quite a bit of stuff there that needed "help"--don't know if things have changed since then or not.  While it's nice that the equipment wasn't scrapped if it continues to be neglected it will eventually pass the point where it can't be properly restored...

Keith Robertson
Langley, BC

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0383 seconds