Home Open Account Help 393 users online

Canadian Railroads > A CSXT local with a heavy load

Date: 04/24/16 15:11
A CSXT local with a heavy load
Author: Mberry

CSXT's Montreal subdivision is not photographed very often, especially not east of Cecile Jct (in Valleyfield, Qc), which is where CN interchanges with CSXT. I went to explore this line (which now terminates in Beauharnois, Qc, but as a New York Central line once continued east andjoined the CP at Adirondack Jct in Kahnawake) and was lucky enough to run into a local (CSXT B786) returning from interchange with CN. Ex-B&O GP40-2 CSXT 6148 was soler power on this short train. The third car was 16-axle car KRL 164000, carrying what must be a very heavy as well as very valuable shipment, presumably a transformer. It originated on CN's Sorel sub in Quebec.

1-Just past MP 216 of the sub, where I first encountered the train.

2-Passing an AEI reader a couple of miles further east.

3-Slicing through empty fields.

Michael Berry

Date: 04/24/16 15:14
Re: A CSXT local with a heavy load

4&5-Appropriately enough the train is approaching an underpass under the 'boulevard de l'Énergie' (boulevard of energy) in Beauharnois. Beauharnois is a prime Hydro generating location in Quebec, as evidenced by the mass of Hydro pylons.

6-The power heads west after tieing its train down in Beauharnois.

Date: 04/24/16 15:15

7&8-Close-up shots of the car tied down in Beauharnois.

Date: 04/24/16 16:30
Author: Ray_Murphy

Nice series, and an impressive car and load. If the train originated on the Sorel sub, I wonder if the equipment was at Hydro Quebec's research institute (IREQ) in Varennes for testing.

Ray

Date: 04/24/16 23:07
Author: misty1

Great pics like the 16(32)axels

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0484 seconds