Home Open Account Help 347 users online

Canadian Railroads > CN Blue

Date: 04/25/16 01:29
CN Blue
Author: LKeithR

I'm not sure how many of these IC marked ex LMSX C40-8W engines CN has on its roster.  I've seen several over the past few years but never under ideal conditions for photographs so I have no good pictures.  That changed yesterday when I was on my way in to town and came upon CN (IC) 2462 and CN 2664 waiting on the main at Hydro junction.  They had run east from Thornton yard past the switches at Hydro and were waiting for a light so they could proceed west on the Rawlison Sub on their way to Roberts Bank.  It had rained earlier and was threatening to do so again but I managed to stay dry while I got the shot.

As you can see from the picture our spring is way ahead of what you guys in the east have.  Everything is green, blossoms are everywhere--some are already done--and a lot of fields have already produced their first crop of haylage.  And we're not even out of April yet!

And here's the GPS coordinates for those of you who want to peek on Google Earth... 49.165560 -122.546949

Keith Robertson
Langley, BC

Date: 04/25/16 12:24
Re: CN Blue
Author: CCMF

Series is IC 2455-2466 (less 2464 wrecked on CSX in 2012).  A couple are now painted CN.

Side note: IC 2460 is the only blue one with a CN noodle on the nose.

Bill Miller
Galt, ON

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0347 seconds