Home Open Account Help 366 users online

Canadian Railroads > FM-Friday-H-Liner at Field BC

Date: 04/29/16 16:05
FM-Friday-H-Liner at Field BC
Author: arwye

September 1971, and the Fall University Term is just getting under way. A buddy from the Edmonton Model Railroad Club and I decide for one last weekend of train watching before the book hitting had to get serious. We never checked weather reports for a trip back then, just relied on luck. Rolling into Field BC mid afternoon to what could best be described as "moody", we encounter an English railfan (the dude in the long black trench coat) and this consist of 8723-8687-8627-8541-40? getting ready to make a Stephen turn with a long train of empty grain cars. A very friendly crew informed us that their entire consist would be split up and spread out at Stephen for following east bounds, already at their tonnage rating for the Field Hill, to pick up for the downhill ride into Calgary. We were invited to ride along, so the "Griser" got the treat of his railfan trip. I decided to drive and photograph the move, picking the other two guys up at Stephen, easily accessible back then through the small roadside park off the old back road to Lake Louise. Little did I know that the weather up top of Kicking Horse Pass was even worse, so this became the best and only shot I got that afternoon. Richard Yaremko

Date: 04/29/16 17:41
Re: FM-Friday-H-Liner at Field BC
Author: E25

The overcast weather worked in your favor for that shot.  Very nice!

-- Greg

Date: 04/29/16 18:14
Author: refarkas

The weather adds to this image. Perhaps more sun might have been better, but this has a certain "mood" about it that sunlit scenes don't always have.
Bob

Date: 04/29/16 19:15
Author: YukonYeti

Great shot!  The cloud reinforces the reputation...

YY

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0343 seconds