Home Open Account Help 312 users online

Canadian Railroads > Crescent Beach Trestle

Date: 05/19/16 02:24
Crescent Beach Trestle
Author: cp1400

BNSF is in the process of replacing the Crescent Beach trestle. Also known at various times as bridge 69 and bridge 128 this 1930 wooden bridge with steel swing span has been a constant slow order on the busy BNSF New Westminster Sub between the USA/Canada border and Colebrook. With increased traffic including heavy coal and oil trains crossing on a regular basis this structure is long overdue for an upgrade.

Seen here May 18, 2016 is a southbound loaded oil train from Canada destined to a refinery in Tacoma, Wa. gingerly crossing the half completed rebuild.

cp1400

Date: 05/19/16 04:57
Re: Crescent Beach Trestle
Author: railsmith

Superb shots. Where does that oil originate?

Date: 05/19/16 16:17
Author: up833

Not sure of origin, but I think US Refining in Tacoma gets oilsands oil. With a CN buffer car its likely that it orginated on the CN.
 Nice shot and very unsual photo location.
Roger Beckett

Date: 05/19/16 19:08
Author: BCR4619

I dont know origin but it did come out of CN's Thornton Yard. I dont know if BNSF sent up 4 units for it or it came down with 4 BNSF units as it was sitting on the bypass track under the Port Mann around 5:30pm yesterday.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0295 seconds