Home Open Account Help 331 users online

Canadian Railroads > A couple of AMT trains

Date: 05/21/16 07:51
A couple of AMT trains
Author: Mberry

Yesterday morning I had to bring my car into the dealer for a tuneup. My route there took me by CP's bridge over the St-Lawrence river, so I stopped for a few minutes to shoot an indbound AMT train. After dropping my car off I got a lift to the Montreal West station, where I shot the train that took me downtown

1&2-F59PH AMT 1345 leads AMT 84 from the South Shore towards the island of Montreal.

3-The stripes on AMT 1322 are still not lined up properly as it leads AMT 72 from Candiac past Montreal West station.

Michael Berry

Date: 05/21/16 11:55
Re: A couple of AMT trains
Author: ST214

Nice shots! Cant wait, two weeks and I will be up there for a week shooting the same colorful trains!

Date: 05/21/16 13:31
Author: joemvcnj

Too bad one cannot stand on the Montreal West platform for about 2 hours during an evening rush to take pictures. Your validated ticket would likely expire by the time you get back Downtown..

Date: 05/21/16 15:19
Author: ghCBNS

joemvcnj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Too bad one cannot stand on the Montreal West
> platform for about 2 hours during an evening rush
> to take pictures. Your validated ticket would
> likely expire by the time you get back Downtown

Just buy another ticket then......its only $4 and well worth it for the variety at gare Montreal-Ouest

Date: 05/21/16 15:42
Author: Lairport

You'd think someone at the shops would have noticed the door was replaced upside down!

Date: 05/21/16 20:29
Author: Abqfoamer

That panel belongs on the fireman side, turned so the present back edge faces forward.
Duh!

Date: 05/22/16 06:38
Author: Train611

Spectacular images...

Nice work.

Date: 05/22/16 08:16
Author: joemvcnj

I rode that train to get to Exporail last summer. People had a hell of a time working the end door button in those coaches, having to hit it just right, to get it to work. At the prior stop, when it was opened, I stood in its path with one foot in the vestibule so it could not close and I could get off without a problem. There were no crew members around.

Date: 05/22/16 09:51
Author: BNSF-6432

Well diserved IOTD. Really like that bridge

PQM

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0384 seconds