Home Open Account Help 341 users online

Canadian Railroads > A Short Day In The Fraser Canyon

Date: 05/23/16 22:46
A Short Day In The Fraser Canyon
Author: LKeithR

On Sunday my wife and I managed to get away from home for a few hours.  We drove up to Hope, had breakfast at our favourite restaurant and then worked our way up the Canyon to Boston Bar and North Bend.  There wasn't a lot of action earlier in the day but in the afternoon we caught a few arriving and departing trains.  First two images are of eastbounds arriving in North Bend on the CP side--this is directional running territory so everything goes east through here.  Third shot is a westbound CN which has just pulled to a stop in Boston Bar.

Most trains change crews here but I did see one CP westbound that carried on with their original crew.  It was kind of strange because even though the crews didn't change the train did pick up another crew which crawled into the cab of the second engine for the ride to the coast.  Would the second crew take over at some point along the way?  Or were they just getting a ride home?  I've seen crews change at Hydro on the CN main, usually to put on or take off a pilot.  I wonder if the first crew had enough time to make it to Hydro and the second crew would take over from there with the original crew catching a taxi home?

GPS co-ordinates for the first two pics...  49.876228 -121.449479
And for the third...  49.869826 -121.444454

Keith Robertson
Langley, BC

Date: 05/28/16 01:39
Re: A Short Day In The Fraser Canyon
Author: Ron

CN 2939 with the CN 2851 came east into Battle Creek, Michigan, Friday night, May 27, 2016 at about 9:00 PM.

They do get some mileage on them!!!

Ron

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0358 seconds