Home Open Account Help 333 users online

Canadian Railroads > Another Case of Good Timing

Date: 06/21/16 00:14
Another Case of Good Timing
Author: LKeithR

The spot on the CN main where this image was taken is mostly shaded by trees and a hill to the south.  The best time to catch westbounds is in the evening when the sun is out and low in the western sky.  I was on my way home from work when I spotted this train stopped on the tracks about a half mile east of the photo location.  I slowed down so I could pull over, park and grab a shot but just at that moment the engineer sounded the horn and started to throttle up.  I did a quick u-turn and hustled back to where the pic was taken because I knew the sun would be just right.

CN 3059 is a fairly new--and very clean!--ET44AC leading a westbound intermodal headed for the container terminal at Roberts Bank.  The shot is taken on the CN main at about MP 100.8 just a couple miles east of Fort Langley and the head end is just crossing West Creek.  GPS  49.162663  -122.530949

Keith Robertson
Langley, BC

Date: 06/21/16 17:50
Re: Another Case of Good Timing
Author: Train611

Nice image!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/21/16 21:05
Re: Another Case of Good Timing
Author: LKeithR

Train611 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice image!
> 611

Thanks, it was nicer before the site software mangled it.  Other members seem to manage to get sharper, crisper images when they post.  Mine look good after I've processed them but they always end up being very soft and dull when posted.  What's the secret?  Do you post the images larger and let the forum software do everything?  Or do you post them smaller so the software doesn't touch them?  Maybe oversharpening is required?

Keith Robertson
Langley, BC

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0401 seconds