Home Open Account Help 215 users online

Canadian Railroads > Former C&NW covered hopper

Date: 06/26/16 11:53
Former C&NW covered hopper
Author: Ray_Murphy

On Friday June 24th (a holiday here in Quebec), I spent a little time on the footbridge in Beaconsfield on Montreal's west island. Because one of the CN tracks in the Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue area was out-of-service, westbound trains were being held at Caron for eastbounds to pass. CN 327 (led by CSX power on Friday) passed by me at greatly reduced speed and came to a stop (behind another westbound CN freight) about a kilometer west of the footbridge, with its last few cars right near me. That's when I noticed the 3rd-last car in the train was an almost graffiti-free ex-C&NW covered hopper 174535 (now with GCCX reporting marks).

Pictures #1 and #2 show this car (with its intact "Employee Owned" logo) as the train started moving once again. Picture #3 is the CSX head-end power that went by earlier.

Ray

Date: 06/26/16 12:30
Re: Former C&NW covered hopper
Author: LKeithR

Nice catch.  I keep an eye out for "Fallen Flags" equipment as well.  As fans we tend to focus on engines but there's lots of interesting rolling stock out there as well...

Keith Robertson
Langley, BC

Date: 06/26/16 16:00
Re: Former C&NW covered hopper
Author: Mberry

I was on another overpass, just  few miles west of you and also shot 327, among other trains during a very busy period. After CN fleeted CN 368, CN X372 & VIA 34 eastwards, CN 377 went west first. CP 119 passed on the parallel Vaudreuil sub and then CN 327 finally showed up (327 is barely visible in the shot of CP 119). I also noticed that hopper but was off the overpass by the time I saw it.

Michael

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0409 seconds