Home Open Account Help 221 users online

Canadian Railroads > Into and out of the Port of Montreal

Date: 07/21/16 17:14
Into and out of the Port of Montreal
Author: Mberry

GP9's CN 7256 & CN 7075 are lashed up nose to nose as they lead a short transfer into the Port of Montreal in the first two shots, on Wednesday, July 20th. The third shot shows the same power leaving the Port 45 minutes later with outbound cars. This is a day after I got an identical shot with my iPhone, but this time I had my Nikon D5100 with me and the light wasn't quite as harsh. In all three shots the train is crossing over the eastern end of the Lachine Canal.

Michael Berry

Date: 07/21/16 18:24
Re: Into and out of the Port of Montreal
Author: PHall

They're actually coupled rear to rear. Long hood is the front as per the FR and FL on the frames.

Date: 07/22/16 03:59
Author: kgmontreal

PHall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They're actually coupled rear to rear. Long hood
> is the front as per the FR and FL on the frames.

That is indeed true.  The CN 7000 series Geeps have their control stands oriented for long hood forward operation.  The long hood is definitely the front.  The chopped nose was done to provide the engineman with better visibility when backing up when switching.

KG

Date: 07/22/16 05:46
Author: Mberry

Yes, I am aware that the 7000's are set up with the long hood as the front, but I would still consider these two units to be lashed up nose to nose, if not front end to front end.

Michael

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0437 seconds