Home Open Account Help 347 users online

Canadian Railroads > Cartier in the rain

Date: 07/26/16 19:19
Cartier in the rain
Author: 9E56

Working uphill in the rain near Charles on ArcelorMittal Mining Canada's Cartier Railway, an empty train of 196 ore cars is led by AC4400CW 28, leased CEFX AC4400CW 1021 and SD70ACe 9002 on Saturday 2 July 2016. 

Date: 07/26/16 23:32
Re: Cartier in the rain
Author: LKeithR

I love the mood of this shot.  I guess it helps that I'm from the West Coast and I absolutely love rain...

Keith Robertson
Langley, BC

Date: 07/27/16 04:07

Thanks Keith. I wasn't impressed with all the rain! I got completely saturated taking this shot. 

Date: 07/27/16 04:14
Author: kgmontreal

Yikes.  What horrible weather conditions!  You must have been drenched.  But I suppose it kept the flies down.  Good shot though.

We don't see many Cartier shots since the demise of the MLW units.

KG

Date: 07/27/16 06:33
Author: Mberry

Nice shot, worth it!

Michael

Date: 07/27/16 18:00
Author: tq-07fan

I hope you had at least some good weather while you up there. That area is very expensive and a long ways away to go and have bad weather. Looks like you made the most of it as it is a kickbutt shot.

Jim

Date: 07/28/16 05:56

The weather was generally dreadful, but at least when it was raining the black flies and mosquitoes weren't biting quite as hard. Yes, it's an expensive place to visit, and we had come from Australia too! We had two fine days on the north shore in about two weeks, and one of those was spent on the Tshiuetin train between Schefferville and Sept-Iles. Would I come back? Yes indeed, if only to get the shots I missed this time around. 

Date: 07/28/16 10:54
Author: trkinsptr

I feel your pain! I did 2 attempts in the fall of 1997 and had bad weather and flies! I did manage to get a handful of sunny shots.You could hear those alco's for miles. CJ

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0701 seconds