Home Open Account Help 367 users online

Canadian Railroads > Railcar used by Pierre Trudeau at 3-Valley museum?

Date: 08/23/16 08:03
Railcar used by Pierre Trudeau at 3-Valley museum?
Author: thehighwayman

Interesting article in the National Post says Three Valley museum claims to have former Governor-General railcar used by former Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau when he "flipped the bird" to residents of Salmon Arm, BC.
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canadian-politics/a-b-c-museum-says-its-preserved-the-railcar-from-which-pierre-trudeau-gave-the-finger-to-protesters

I have no way to confirm the authenticity of this item, but thought others might have more information ....

Will MacKenzie
Dundas, ON

Date: 08/23/16 08:39
Re: Railcar used by Pierre Trudeau at 3-Valley museum?
Author: eminence_grise

Yes, the Hawker Siddely Governor General car is in the Three Valley Gap roundhouse.  Before they were taken to the site, the original trucks were replaced with older trucks, apparently they weren't part of the deal.

​The late Paul Bell had many political connections, although mostly with BC Provincial politicians.

​He was also a car collector, although most of his Ford collection is not on public display.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/16 10:28 by eminence_grise.

Date: 08/23/16 08:49
Author: Ray_Murphy

Date: 08/24/16 21:57
Author: Helo-Mech

I was just there on the 18th of Aug, and there is a cardboard cutout of P.E Trudeau standing on the rear platform of the car. I didn't happen to notice if he was flippin' the bird.  Lots to look at there, could have spent the rest of the day wandering around.  Too bad my family and myself had to be just east of Canmore, Alta. that night.

Mike N.  

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0615 seconds