Home Open Account Help 359 users online

Canadian Railroads > A Week and a Half on the Former BC Rail

Date: 08/25/16 16:17
A Week and a Half on the Former BC Rail
Author: loleta

I recently returned from a trip to photograph the former BC Rail lines, primarily from Prince George north. The Tumbler Sub. is mothballed until the coal market rebounds (if it does), and a recent change in schedule for trains on the Stuart Sub. to Fort St. James took that line off my to-do list before I departed. But I did pretty well with everything else. Day one was primarily a "positioning move," but I managed to get a few photos:
1. Here's Train 570 at the north switch of Mackin, north of Williams Lake.
2. 570 again, passing the old Williams Lake depot en route to a crew cahnge in the yard.

Loleta Fernbridge

Date: 08/25/16 16:19
Re: A Week and a Half on the Former BC Rail

3. The afternoon yard job in Williams Lake switches with an old BC Rail caboose, while the new crew on 570 picks up a third unit from the yard (upper left).
4. Yard power parked in Quesnel after sunset.

- L.F.

Date: 08/25/16 22:09
Author: Train611

Nice work...

No RMR when you were there?

Date: 08/26/16 06:01
Author: hoggerdoug

Image 3, the crew is switching Pinnacle Pellet, most of the wood pellets are sent via rail to North Vancouver and loaded into ships for export. Years ago we called this the "stock track" as there was a livestock yard at the south end of the track and at one time cattle were shipped by rail. Also to the right of the yard engines there was another track with a bulk oil plant and a co-op warehouse served by rail. Where the Canadian Tire and Super Store are built is mostly recalimed land from what once was a swamp.  Doug

Date: 08/26/16 09:03

Train611 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice work...
>
> No RMR when you were there?
>
> 611

No RMR on this trip. Our schedules just didn't overlap.

- L.F.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0383 seconds