Home Open Account Help 269 users online

Canadian Railroads > A Little Bit of Everything

Date: 08/26/16 21:55
A Little Bit of Everything
Author: loleta

1. On the second day of my trip up north along the former BC Rail, I started the day with train 472 at Nichols, north of Prince George. This train usually leaves Chetwynd after dark, so it often shows up approaching its destination of Prince George sometime after sunrise.
2. After I arrived in Chetwynd, I caught train 578 coming into town off the Dawson Creek branch, the crew having run out of hours the night before. IC 2717 is on the point here at Mile 1, showing that CN isn't afraid to use the big stuff on this light rail.
3. Meanwhile, the afternoon Chetwynd yard job switches in town, using the two units from the Dawson and an SD70.

Loleta Fernbridge

Date: 08/26/16 21:58
Re: A Little Bit of Everything

4. Surrendering two units to train 575, the Chetwynd yard job switches a mill just south of the yard.
5. Making its nightly round trip to Fort St. John, train 575 departs Chetwynd after sunset.
6. Train 575, 2136 north, approaches the crossing of Jackfish Lake Road north of Chetwynd on the Fort St. John Sub.

- L.F.

Date: 08/26/16 22:01

7. Train 575 on the roller coaster track between Bond and Windy on the Fort St. John Sub.
8. Well after dark, the Chetwynd yard job continues its work.

- L.F.

Date: 08/27/16 22:15
Author: Train611

Good trip by the looks of your images.

I am a fan of the last one!

Date: 08/29/16 18:37
Author: inCHI

Great images, really like those long shots with the track.

Date: 08/31/16 08:01
Author: Helo-Mech

Thanks Loleta, I didn't realize the FSJ Sub. still had jointed rail. Must have been nice to hear the train running over that.

Mike N.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0353 seconds