Home Open Account Help 320 users online

Canadian Railroads > More Assistance in Location Identification Please

Date: 08/28/16 00:48
More Assistance in Location Identification Please
Author: MartyBernard

These are scans of Roger Puta's slides taken Fraser and Thompson Canyons in November 1984.  Again I'm looking for locations and other relavant information for the archived copies.

1. B20 CN 5276

2. B31 CP 5842

3. B33 CP 6007

4. B37 CN 5276

5. B37 CP 5640

Thank you very much,
Marty Bernard

Date: 08/28/16 00:49
Re: More Assistance in Location Identification Please

Date: 08/28/16 01:33
Author: railsmith

No. 1 is at Anderson River Bridge, Mile 2.0 of the CN Yale Subdivision. The train is eastbound and will enter the Boston Bar yard right after crossing the bridge.

If you can put the slide of No. 3 under a loupe and read the mileage of the signal, please post that and I'm sure that will enable someone to identify the location. 

Date: 08/28/16 03:03
Author: rschonfelder

I think #3 is eastbound entering North Bend yard.

#2 is east bound (usually given away by the Robot car being at the front of the train) and it looks to me like the trackage just  before going into the tunnel at Cisco.  It is definitely north (railroad east) of North Bend.

Photos 4 and 5 are taken in the same proximity of the TCH.  The highway westbound drops down to railway level at Thompson IIRC (it is 15 or so years since I was last there) and then it passes under the CPR and the highway climbs steeply.  I am pretty sure these photos are taken within a few miles of west of CPR's Thompson.  The CN's side had a name change from what I recall.

Russell (Train611) and Phil (eminence-grise); where are you guys?  You're likely to be more specific than I am here.

Rick

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/16 03:16 by rschonfelder.

Date: 08/28/16 06:28
Author: hoggerdoug

#3 sure looks like Yale terrain.   Doug

Date: 08/28/16 14:48
Author: cp1400

#1 As stated train is eastbound on the Anderson River bridge between Hicks and Boston Bar on the CN Yale Sub.

#2 I agree. This is and eastbound approaching the CP Cisco tunnel and bridge on the CP Thompson Sub.

#3 Westbound at Spuzzum. The signal bridge here was replaced by CP about 8-10 years ago. CP Yale Sub.

#4 Eastbound in the THompson Canyon between Lasha (Lytton)  and Pitqah (now Morris) sidings. This area is commonly refered to as the White Canyon. CN Ashcroft Sub.

#5 CP westbound in the Thompson Canyon between Thompson and Lytton near the hamlet and former railway station of Gladwin. CP Thompson Sub.

cp1400

Date: 08/28/16 15:24

Thanks to all of you for this help.

Marty Bernard

Date: 08/28/16 15:29
Author: zartok-35

Yay! A CN Speed with Classic Canadian Intermodals!! BEAUTIFUL!! The CP shots are nice too!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0442 seconds