Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Canadian Railroads > Disappointed Blue Jay's Fans and Amtrak

Date: 09/22/16 12:38
Disappointed Blue Jay's Fans and Amtrak
Author: GREENGROCER

I talked a friend of mine who was going to yesterdays 12:40  game in Seattle to take Amtrak. Because they live right by the border,it was easier if they caught it in Bellingham. When they got to the Fairhaven station at around 08:30 they were told that the train was still at the Fraser River bridge in New Westminster and that they couldn't get the bridge to "lock" in position. They decided to drive to Seattle instead. Got to be a lot of unhappy riders that were already on board the train that didn't have the option of getting off. No wonder the Jays lost! Cheers GREENGROCER  Train 513 left Bellingham 2 hrs and 24 mins late and arrived in Seattle at 12:30

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/16 13:03 by GREENGROCER.

Date: 09/22/16 15:19
Re: Disappointed Blue Jay's Fans and Amtrak
Author: SP4360

Yup, sometimes moveable bridges get stuck. Ya just never know when something mechanical will fart and fall. By the way, something tells me this was not the fault of Amtrak.
We had a bridge get stuck in Portland on Saturday delaying our boat ride (AFT 40th renunion) for about 30 minutes. It not only held us up, also buses, cars, and light rail were affected. It was a UP bridge the wouldn't lock.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/16 15:22 by SP4360.

Date: 09/22/16 21:05
Author: GREENGROCER

You are right SP 4360 it wasn't Amtraks fault. The station agent told my buddy "It's not the fault of our American train, but is the fault of your Canadian bridge' Seems like this happens to the Fraser River Bridge every once in a while. Cheers GREENGROCER

Date: 09/23/16 09:51
Author: PHall

GREENGROCER Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You are right SP 4360 it wasn't Amtraks fault. The
> station agent told my buddy "It's not the fault of
> our American train, but is the fault of your
> Canadian bridge' Seems like this happens to the
> Fraser River Bridge every once in a while. Cheers
> GREENGROCER

It happens on any movable bridge no matter where it's at.

Date: 09/23/16 11:14
Author: Lackawanna484

And interstate highways on the route to the battlefield, etc

Posted from Android

Date: 09/23/16 22:52
Author: tq-07fan

I did a month long trip all on Amtrak VIA Rail and buses back in 2008. I decided to transfer in Boston so I could ride with my friend who drives a trackless trolley (trolleybus) for MBTA. I woke up on train 66 with the explanation that a movable bridge was stuck in Connecticut. I still got to walk with my friend to where he started his shift but my time in Boston was cut short by over an hour. 

Later on the trip while on Greyhound Canada I lost a day due to weather in Saskatchewan and Manitoba, then the big landslide blocked by the Coast Starlight I was supposed to ride after that. 'it happens...

Jim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0385 seconds