Home Open Account Help 340 users online

Canadian Railroads > MLW Monday-Southbound M630's at Glenfraser BC.

Date: 09/26/16 09:50
MLW Monday-Southbound M630's at Glenfraser BC.
Author: arwye

British Columbia Railway 717 & 730 running "elephan style", with loads of sulphur and woodchips strung back around the big curve, at Glenfraser BC on August 31, 1980. Richard Yaremko

Date: 09/26/16 20:15
Re: MLW Monday-Southbound M630's at Glenfraser BC.
Author: M-420

Nice one Richard.

​I think I read somewhere that there was a wooden bridge at this spot at one time.

​Brian E

Date: 09/27/16 06:37
Author: Helo-Mech

Very cool, I don't see the re-built extended height woodchip gons in the dogwood scheme often. Nice catch, and great photo Richard!

Mike N.

Date: 09/27/16 11:40
Author: TCnR

Great photo. Filling-in a trestle would explain that odd topology. The road just behind the train might have something to do with that. Sure is a lot of woodchips.

Date: 09/29/16 08:11
Author: eminence_grise

Just visible in the left corner is a remnant of the Lillooet-Pavilion road from before it was improved.  There was a wooden trestle at this location further toward the hillside.

​The railway and BC Highways created that large curved fill.  From Fountain to Glenfraser , the current Highway 99 parallels the tracks, previously the dirt road was closer to the edge of the Fraser Canyon.

Date: 10/04/16 00:09
Author: rschonfelder

The road behind the train would have just been opened sometime between Canada Day 1980 and the date of this photo.  I recall moving the barricades so we could bypass the longer old road in order to stay beside the line and make the chase to Paviliion.  I seem to recall when we (with Bryan Sirman) were on it, there was only the base down.

Rick

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0452 seconds