Home Open Account Help 319 users online

Canadian Railroads > October 2002, at Lillooet BC

Date: 10/27/16 15:30
October 2002, at Lillooet BC
Author: Helo-Mech

A bit late for "On this day", but better late than never. With the looming end of service fast appraoching, I booked a ticket on the Cariboo Prospector. I would have gone on the trip all the way to Prince George, but the last two weeks of service was already sold out. So I had to settle for the day trip to Lillooet. Being late for the train (because I needed to get to North Van without running out of Gas), I had to catch it at Squamish instead. Then I was told I couldn't ride in the vestibule. How was I supposed to get one of those great shots of the train in front of me on a curve? There were only two cars that day anyhow. I still had a good time, and can say that I rode the train before it was gone. The photos were taken October 22nd, 2002.

Mike N.

1. BC-30 and BC-11 have just turned on the wye and will pull up to the platform for the afternoon departure south. 

2. Train No. 2  is ready for the afternoon departure south. Being Tuesday, there is no southbound section from Prince George today.

3. Another View of BC 30 with Fountain Ridge in the background across the Fraser River from the yard at Lillooet.

Date: 10/27/16 16:21
Re: October 2002, at Lillooet BC
Author: TCnR

The BCR Budd car rides were just too awesome for words, tremendous ride, scenery and crew. There are quite a few RF's that rode the cars over the years, also on many of the special tours. I was able to ride a couple of times and the cars added a certain rhythm to each day when camping or chasing in  he area. The model builder 'Rapido' is producing model RDC's and needs some encouragement to make the RDC-3 shown in the lead.

In green of course.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0307 seconds