Home Open Account Help 276 users online

Canadian Railroads > Cold and Windy in Halifax on Saturday

Date: 01/14/17 18:03
Cold and Windy in Halifax on Saturday
Author: cn6218

But at least it was sunny.

​I have to admit to being a bit slow getting out today due to the monthy railfan breakfast, but was able to catch 120 arriving in RockinghamYard just before 09:30 this morning.  Not a GEVO in sight (although I didn't see the DPU), with a good variety of power instead: high headlight SD70M-2 8012, repainted BCOL Dash 8-40CM 4618 and former Oakway SD60 5413.

​The train was well over two miles in length.  In the second image the head end is nearing mile 5, while the tail end is visible across the water between MP 7 and 8.

​This morning's train also had more Tropical containers.  As Andrew noted last weekend, this is new business for the Port of Halifax.  There is some more information here in Mac MacKay's blog:
http://shipfax.blogspot.ca/2017/01/un-tropical-welcome-for-tropical.html

​GTD

Date: 01/14/17 18:28
Re: Cold and Windy in Halifax on Saturday
Author: BigSkyBlue

I really like that first photo showing the whole switch lead equipped with safety (rubber) switches and the diamond targets indicating same.  You captured a great scene!  BSB

Date: 01/14/17 22:00
Author: feclark

Echoing BSB's comment, what a great composition in photo 1, with the yard ladder, and the exhaust distortion.
Fred

Date: 01/15/17 03:15
Author: kgmontreal

Great clear sky.  Good sharp photos.

KG

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0323 seconds