Home Open Account Help 340 users online

Canadian Railroads > Trillium and Coal Gon Question

Date: 02/14/17 15:06
Trillium and Coal Gon Question
Author: algoma11

The Triliium Railway still continues to use the old MLW power. The new MP15 they received fron GATX has a major oil leal and is sidelined.
​Here we see TR 1859 switching the ADM elevator in Port Colbourne Ontario, today.
​Also the CN had 25-30 coal gons in train #422 on thursday last week. Does anyone know where they were and where they are going???

Mike Bannon
St Catharines, ON

Date: 02/15/17 10:04
Re: Trillium and Coal Gon Question
Author: DundasMP23

Mike,

They're probably coming back from the Bessemer.  A train of these hoppers went down there in 2014, but they're no longer hauling coal to the dock at Conneaut, OH so these cars are most likely returning and heading back west.

If you go to youtube and search "CN coal mtys at Hamilton Ontario" you'll see Paul Hammond's video of the train of hoppers going through Hamilton.  The two units on the train were also transferred to the Bessemer Sub., the SD40-2W has since left but the SD60 is still there.

Rob Smith
Hamilton, ON

Date: 02/15/17 13:44
Author: bridgeportsub

I don't think Conneaut can unload those cars.I thought they could only unload bottom drop cars. Don't think they got a rotary dumper.

GRS

Date: 02/16/17 05:37
Author: DundasMP23

bridgeportsub Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't think Conneaut can unload those cars.

I think there's a rotary dumper in the upper yard.  Attached is my photo from Spring 2015 showing a southbound hopper train in Albion, PA with the CN bathtub gons.

Rob Smith
Hamilton, ON

Date: 02/16/17 13:10
Author: thb401

There is a rotary dumper like Rob said in the upper yard. A little north of the old NYC main.
We ( Algoma) did take a few coal loads out of Conneaut last season. But it was brought in from USA Lake Boats. More of a transfer then the good ole days there.
Bill

Date: 02/16/17 15:19
Author: algoma11

Nice photo Rob-looks like the question is answered.

Mike Bannon
St Catharines, ON

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.122 seconds