Home Open Account Help 386 users online

Canadian Railroads > BNSF Is Everywhere!!

Date: 02/15/17 20:28
BNSF Is Everywhere!!
Author: LKeithR

There are a couple of threads running right now about the BNSF detours on CP.  To add to the intrigue I have another sighting to report.
I live east of Fort Langley and my normal route in to town takes me along River Rd. which parallels the CN Yale Sub for 2-3 miles.  Just after
noon today while driving in I passed an eastbound potash train with a CN leader and 2 BNSF units following.  I saw headlights to the west as
I was coming up to Hydro junction (MP 101.8) but I was in a bit of a hurry and stopping to take pictures wasn't on my mind.  It was quite foggy
as well so I didn't realize there was anything unusual about the consist till the locomotives were almost past me so, long story short, I got no
pictures--didn't even have time to catch the numbers.

I'm wondering whether these engines were part of the ongoing detours that BN is making or if they're just part of a power swap?

Keith Robertson
Langley, BC

Date: 02/15/17 22:46
Re: BNSF Is Everywhere!!
Author: tsokolan

BNSF is currently detouring trains over CN between Vancouver and Emerson MB.
Trevor

Posted from iPhone

Date: 02/16/17 06:51
Author: Dilworth

are they coming thru wpg i guess

Date: 02/16/17 09:13
Author: LKeithR

tsokolan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BNSF is currently detouring trains over CN between
> Vancouver and Emerson MB.

So what's the regular routing of that train?  Where does it originate?  What's the end destination?

Keith Robertson
Langley, BC

Date: 02/16/17 18:00

So far there has been several empty and loaded BNSF grain trains on CN, which normally travel the High Line across Montana and N Dakota. With the avalanche threat over Marias there has been a backlog of traffic, CN provides a relief valve for some of this backlog
Trevor

Posted from iPhone

Date: 02/16/17 18:01
Author: SD45X

Where do they re-enter the states?

Date: 02/16/17 18:23

SD45X Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where do they re-enter the states?

Emerson Manitoba and Vancouver BC

-Trevor

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0974 seconds