Home Open Account Help 375 users online

Canadian Railroads > 6300's SD60 rebuilds & the Beaver is back!

Date: 02/20/17 16:34
6300's SD60 rebuilds & the Beaver is back!
Author: TheGrande

I will quote a blurb from a Facebook group I'm apart of about SD60 rebuilds currently underway at NRE Silvis IL. Wondering if anyone has anymore information about exactly what ZTR is, and what is being done to them.

"New CP number 6300-series SD60's. CP SD60 #6300 is almost complete. Electronics on SOO SD60 6037 is 95% complete at the NRE Shop in Silvis IL with only the ZTR still being installed, but it also still needs to be sand blasted, and painted into CP Colours. SOO SD60 6035 has also arrived in the shop and is next in line for the electronic upgrade and ZTR installation. These two when painted will be also be renumbered into the "New" CP 6300-series"

I hope they do a bunch of these, the SD60's are some of my favorite locomotives left in out fleet to run.

Also a few exempts from Keith Creel's first Town hall meeting in Calgary the other day. 

"
So what will change? A renewed focus on growing top-line revenue and investing where we need to support that growth, be it technology, resources or infrastructure. Also changing — the logo, as we welcome back our iconic CP beaver."

"
There is so much significance in this logo; We can never forget where we came from, but we can also never forget where we have to get to; it's our roots, it's our future and it's the new CP as we go forward."

Attached is the Logo in the CP posted article, and the CP 6300 at NRE. (Not my photo, shared from Facebook, no credit given there)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/17 16:36 by TheGrande.

Date: 02/20/17 16:47
Re: 6300's SD60 rebuilds & the Beaver is back!
Author: kgmontreal

ZTR is a company based in London, Ontario.  The principals in the company were formerly with GMDD.  They do conversions of older locomotives to modern electronic control.  CMQ has a GP35 to GP38-3 conversion on lease.  It's numbered 6537.  In 2016 the ZTR guys also did an RS-18 upgrade for Ontraio Southland.

KG

Date: 02/20/17 18:17
Author: PeaBock619

Looks like an improvement from the Hunter Harrison era

Date: 02/21/17 06:24
Author: toledopatch

I wonder if they will subsequently decide to renumber the SD60s that were overhauled and given 6200-series numbers, with the last two digits matching their Soo 6000-series ancestry.

Date: 02/21/17 07:02
Author: Mberry

toledopatch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder if they will subsequently decide to
> renumber the SD60s that were overhauled and given
> 6200-series numbers, with the last two digits
> matching their Soo 6000-series ancestry.

I wouldn't see any reason for that to happen.

Michael

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0431 seconds