Home Open Account Help 256 users online

Canadian Railroads > Surely Somebody Knows Where This Place Is

Date: 03/20/17 15:33
Surely Somebody Knows Where This Place Is
Author: MartyBernard

Roger Puta took several shots at this place.  If he had taken just one photo and the place could not be identified, I'd just label it "Location Unknown".   But that's not the case here.  Here are many of his photos taken there:

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?15,4252824
http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?15,4252236
http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?15,4252234

Thanks for any help.

Marty Bernard

Date: 03/20/17 16:15
Re: Surely Somebody Knows Where This Place Is
Author: algoma11

I'm probably gonna get yelled at for this but its time to take a break Marty. Your flooding several sites with photo requests. 

Mike Bannon
St Catharines, ON

Date: 03/20/17 17:10
Author: rev66vette

algoma11 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm probably gonna get yelled at for this but its
> time to take a break Marty. Your flooding several
> sites with photo requests. 

I'm not yelling, but I have no problem with the posting of this extremely interesting collection he inherited, and look forward to  seeing them.

Date: 03/21/17 08:52
Author: 4489

algoma11 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm probably gonna get yelled at for this but its
> time to take a break Marty. Your flooding several
> sites with photo requests. 

No yelling.  However something tells me that someone is upset about something with every posting.  Therefore by this logic there will be no more postings. ( I know that I am being a bit over dramitic, however.)

One could always ignore the postings that one does not like.

Date: 03/21/17 15:34

I wasn't advocating not posting. I was thinking being a bit more selective in your requests would be better.
Photos showing nothing but an SD40 nose and a signal bridge are almost impossible to help locate.
​Interesting photos with wider views or more detail are both interesting and easier to locate.
​No offense intended and stopping all photos hurt everyone!

Mike Bannon
St Catharines, ON

Date: 03/21/17 16:08
Author: MartyBernard

My goal with this project is to archive on Flickr all Roger Puta's photos with captions.  Flickr is highly searchable if the photos have informative captions.  In the process I'm showing you the photographs of a very good photographer.

Marty

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/17 16:09 by MartyBernard.

Date: 03/23/17 04:06

A very noble cause Marty but even folks on Flikr might find you being a bit more selective a good idea.
​I have several thousand slides in my collection, the quality runs from yuck to great. I would not try to post everything on the various medias just for the sake of filling in blanks or showing them off.
​Try to avoid multiple shots of the same train or same train in a slightly different area. Again no offence just constructive suggestions for what its worth.

Mike Bannon
St Catharines, ON

Date: 03/25/17 04:58
Author: DrawingroomA

I don't read everything on Trainorders or any other site. If a subject is of no interest to me I don't open it. That option is available to everyone.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.2851 seconds