Home Open Account Help 284 users online

Canadian Railroads > Eastern Shortline Sunday

Date: 03/26/17 16:23
Eastern Shortline Sunday
Author: cn6218

New Brunswick Southern has been busy lately (too busy to paint those leasers they've recently purchased).  There is usually a substantial freight (907) out of Saint John about the middle of each morning, and some extra woodchip trains have run as well.  Unfortunately, the eastbound trains normally run at night, but I was able to shoot the westbound last March 7th, on my way to Maine.  Power was NBSR 6340, 6315 and 6318, all various SD40 rebuilds, and now all carrying NBSR reporting marks, even if only 6318 has NBSR paint.  They're shown here at Clarendon, Fredericton Jct. and arriving in McAdam (all in New Brunswick), before handing the train off to an Eastern Maine Rwy crew to continue on to Brownville Jct., ME.

GTD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/17 16:26 by cn6218.

Date: 03/26/17 16:55
Re: Eastern Shortline Sunday
Author: SD45X

Sweet!!

Date: 03/26/17 17:07
Author: CPR_4000

What is the status of the McAdam station? Is it occupied?

Date: 03/26/17 17:25
Author: cn6218

CPR_4000 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is the status of the McAdam station? Is it
> occupied?

​It's slowly being renovated, I think.  A new roof went on a few years ago, and then new awnings.  The lunch counter area is open in the summer and is a bit of a museum.  At one time it was the rest house for the crews, but I think that is now in a separate building in back, on the other side of the pond.

GTD

Date: 03/26/17 17:27
Author: FossBatterson

Always nice to see an ex-SP egnine, still in gray and scarlet, "sweating the assets."

Date: 03/27/17 03:35
Author: kgmontreal

Good shots.  But will spring ever come?

KG

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0423 seconds