Home Open Account Help 252 users online

Canadian Railroads > BC Rail Squmish logger & Westbound Freight 8/89

Date: 05/09/24 08:48
BC Rail Squmish logger & Westbound Freight 8/89
Author: FiveChime

This is good for "Throwback Thursday" due to poor quality of the video image from long ago.
Late in the game as new GE on the point and no caboose.
Alco #630 would be around for a few more years.
Regards, Jim Evans

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/09/24 12:43
Re: BC Rail Squmish logger & Westbound Freight 8/89
Author: TCnR

That's a pretty good catch, yes the wide body dash 8 is a time marker, also the r/w/b scheme itself.

The yellow flat cars with log bunks are new to me, the green builkheads with bunks also have an article and date in the Cariboo articles. Fishing logs out of the bay is also new to me, fwiw. Bay or Howe sound. I know it's been done but kinda surprising in 1990.

There had been all sorts of small scale Mills and log runs through the years, although I didn't see anything like that on my mid-80's visits. The big log shows were the Contract cuts in the Takla Sub areas that went to the paper mills in Prince George, as I understand it, corrections and discussion welcome. Interesting coverage in Dale Sanders book.

good stuff, t4p.

Date: 05/13/24 01:48
Re: BC Rail Squmish logger & Westbound Freight 8/89
Author: railsmith

FiveChime Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is good for "Throwback Thursday" due to poor
> quality of the video image from long ago.
> Late in the game as new GE on the point and no
> caboose.
> Alco #630 would be around for a few more years.

BCOL 4644, the midtrain DPU, was built in 1995. BCOL 4618, the leader, was built in 1990.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0373 seconds