Home Open Account Help 311 users online

European Railroad Discussion > More Hungary Day 1

Date: 03/21/14 02:36
More Hungary Day 1
Author: 86235

A few more pictures from my first day in Hungary which was spent on either side of Hegyeshalom yard on the Austro-Hungarian border. Today the yard is busy as some trains change locos whilst others simply change crew. Austria is electrified at 15kV 16Hz whilst Hungary uses the modern standard of 25kV 50Hz.

First shot was taken at the eastern end of the yard, by the level crossing and was the first picture I took at 10:45. A Siemens Taurus class 1116 on a RCA/RCH Rail Cargo Austria/Rail Cargo Hungaria mixed freight bound for Austria.

A few miles east, close to the town of Mosonmagyaróvár I caught this TrainHungary intermodal carrying 50 2TEU boxes. The locomotive is a Romanian built class 400

In the early afternoon another intermodal, this time the daily Budapest BILK to Hamburg service operated by Floyd but using an MRCE (they are a leasing company) ES64.

In all I saw 10 freight trains and countless passenger services - EMUs and the OBB Railjets - in about 6 hours. Very fruitful and a good omen for the rest of the holiday. I'll get round to Days 2 and 3 later.

Date: 03/21/14 07:36
Re: More Hungary Day 1
Author: GettingShort

Interesting report and great pictures, keep us posted!

Date: 03/21/14 09:07
Author: Latebeans

Very nice photos. I try to get around but we live in a big world and that's why the European and International boards are my favorites. Keep em comimg.

Date: 03/21/14 15:26
Author: AndyBrown

Those are neat electric units and catenary!

Andy

Date: 03/21/14 15:27
Author: 86235

Thanks

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0466 seconds