Home Open Account Help 250 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Tour de France - Yorkshire style

Date: 07/07/14 13:38
Tour de France - Yorkshire style
Author: 55002

With 2 stages of the Tour de France in Yorkshire, including the Grand Depart from Leeds, the local train operators got their acts together by providing plenty of additional loco hauled extras for the spectators. In such a compact area, many spectators could use the trains to actually chase some of the stages.
1. Class 47 47810 is seen departing Bradford Interchange with an addition working to Blackburn.
2. Beautifully turned out 57308 departs Leeds on day 1, with an extra for Harrogate.
3. Class 47 47481 is passing through Dewsbury, with loco hauled stock on a Scarborough - Liverpool working.

Full marks to the train operators for their efforts, and to loco owners DRS who turned out some cracking locos, with suitable decorations and headboards.
chris uk.

Date: 07/08/14 00:33
Re: Tour de France - Yorkshire style
Author: 86235

Good stuff! Love the themed buffers.

Date: 07/08/14 22:28
Author: tq-07fan

86235 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good stuff! Love the themed buffers.

Yes, I liked the buffers too after I figured out what was going on there. Good pictures. It is reminiscent of some of the pictures from the colour picture books about British Rail in the 1980s when there were excursion trains to everywhere for large events like flower shows and such.

Jim

Date: 07/08/14 23:40
Author: NH2006

Excellent. I'l have some soon too

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1008 seconds