Home Open Account Help 345 users online

European Railroad Discussion > OT: Congratulations, Germany!

Date: 07/13/14 14:51
OT: Congratulations, Germany!
Author: BobE

Well-deserved World Cup championship.

BobE

Date: 07/13/14 18:02
Re: OT: Congratulations, Germany!
Author: andersonb109

Continuing with the non-train related theme...only 2 more months until hockey starts again! A real sport with actual scoring (exception of course if Brazil is playing).

Date: 07/13/14 20:41
Author: Bob3985

Way to go Deutschland, my ancestral home. Thanks for bringing this one up Bob. That is 5 cups now.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 07/14/14 00:10
Author: cricketer8for9

4 actually.

Date: 07/14/14 04:22
Author: march_hare

Ok I will add a bit of railroad relevance (actually railway relevance considering the location).

My son and I have been riding trains around the UK for the past two weeks, and had just stepped out of the tube at Kings Cross/ St Pancras after a day at the Bluebell Heritage Railway. On our way to the hotel we passed a bar with all the doors open, just as the winning goal was scored. The sound of cheering almost bowled us over. I speculated that Germany had just scored. My son is no soccer fan, so he asked who was playing and how I knew who the crowd was rooting for. I pointed out that there probably weren't that many Argentina fans in London, and that we were directly across the street from the train station that serves the Chunnel trains to Europe. Sure enough, when we got to the room it turns out that I was right.

One hell of a goal.

Date: 07/14/14 10:25
Author: 86235

I only caught the second half and extra time on TV, heard the first half on the radio. The best team won - just - but in truth Argentina had their chances and could have won by half time, but they didn't and the rest is history. Germany were good value.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0327 seconds