Home Open Account Help 246 users online

European Railroad Discussion > A Little Steam at Blea Moor, the most remote Signalbox

Date: 08/03/14 14:53
A Little Steam at Blea Moor, the most remote Signalbox
Author: tq-07fan

Today I started out in Preston and rode the Sunday only Dales Rails service from Blackpool to Carlisle via the Settle and Carlisle line. The Settle and Carlisle IS everything that it is made up to be. It is perhaps one of the most beautiful rides on a train I've done. I dropped my bag here at hotel in Carlisle and rode back to Horton on Ribblesdale then the back to Ribblehead. At Ribblehead I got off and started the walk to Blea Moor. It was surprisingly easier than expected for a little over a mile each way by a gravel and stone footpath. I walked around Blea Moor for a while and finally decided on the shot seen here for the 1Z71 The Waverly Steam Excursion ran by Railway Touring Company. I know everyone else goes for the steam shot across the Ribblehead Viduct but I'm on this trip for semaphores and signalboxes and Blea Moor is the most remote signalbox in England. The signallers have to traverse the same footpath that I came up on, and they do not get any additional pay for it (I asked).

Thank you for watching!

Jim

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 08/03/14 21:59
Re: A Little Steam at Blea Moor, the most remote Signal
Author: cashfare

Nice!

Date: 08/05/14 10:29
Re: A Little Steam at Blea Moor, the most remote Signal
Author: 86235

cashfare Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice!

A trio of the Metro Cammell Mk 1 based Pullman cars too.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0442 seconds