Home Open Account Help 335 users online

European Railroad Discussion > I Feel Like I've Been Here on Cross Country Before

Date: 08/06/14 04:37
I Feel Like I've Been Here on Cross Country Before
Author: tq-07fan

It is a strange feeling. When my dad, who is not with me this time, and I came to the UK last year we traveled on Cross Country Trains from Leeds to Sheffield. Later on we traveled from Nottingham to Derby then Derby to Southampton via Birmingham on Cross Country. This trip I rode Cross Country from York to Birmingham last week and am on it again right now from Leeds to Birmingham. Cross Country operates a nice service and really connects a lot of fine places. It just feels weird to run across the same route for the third time in less than a year. I'm starting to recognize the landmarks.
1) First Transpennine Express service from Scarborough to Liverpool Lime Street 1F85 departs as a Northern Trains 2B12 Class 321 arrives at Leeds.
2) A better look at that Class 321. I like the way these look and finally got to ride one last night.
3) The Cross Country Trains 1V54 Dundee to Plymouth arriving to a few waiting passengers on Platform 12.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/14 04:38 by tq-07fan.

Date: 08/06/14 04:57
Re: I Feel Like I've Been Here on Cross Country Before

4) Sheffield, and the platform destination board for our train. These are on most platforms in most stations here in the UK and are essential to catching the correct train.
5) Some unknown Class 56 or something and East Midland Trains 1K10 from Crewe.
6) The East Midlands Trains 1C42 from Sheffield to St Pancras departed from Derby at exactly the same time as we did at 12:28. In fact it looked like we would run into together but of course they took the Midland Road route toward London. It was actually quite fun as the windows lined up between the two trains when we were beside each other.

Jim

Date: 08/09/14 06:43
Re: I Feel Like I've Been Here on Cross Country Before

I forgot to add the last from this trip. These were upon arrival at Birmingham New Street.
7) Virgin Trains 9S65 London Euston to Glasgow on Platform 7 and Virgin Trains 1G17 from Euston that Terminates here at Birmingham New Street.
8) The Cross Country Trains 1V54 that rode in on. Note that the Virgin Trains and this are both diesel powered Voyagers. Why the Virgin Trains is a Voyager I do not know.
9) A London Midland 2N63 Lichfield City to Longbridge Class 323. Birmingham is a great city for commuter train action, although by London Midland it still has the Network Midlands markings.

Jim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0517 seconds