Home Open Account Help 298 users online

European Railroad Discussion > End of some CNL services in December

Date: 08/17/14 11:46
End of some CNL services in December
Author: crusader5619

Anyone know the route and passing times of the Paris to Berlin and Munich CNL trains? I gather the two sections leave as one train from Paris and split? In Mannheim? I hope to photograph some of the soon to be discontinued services this fall.

Was out Friday and saw the meager Basel-Copenhagen CNL train depart Frankfurt. It was a small train with one sleeper, three liegewagons and a compartment coach. To be fair though it will pick up cars from Amsterdam and Prague and should make a more substantial arrival in Copenhagen.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/14 11:56 by crusader5619.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 08/17/14 19:58
Re: End of some CNL services in December
Author: shed47

crusader5619 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone know the route and passing times of the
> Paris to Berlin and Munich CNL trains? I gather
> the two sections leave as one train from Paris and
> split? In Mannheim? I hope to photograph some of
> the soon to be discontinued services this fall.

The Paris to Germany CNL service also has a Hamburg section. The current composition is a 12 car train: 5 cars to Berlin, 3 to Hamburg and 4 to Munich/Innsbruck. The Munich section is cut off at Mannheim while the other two sections continue on and split at Hannover. The following link shows the train crossing into Germany at Strasbourg/Kehl although I believe it has also operated via Saarbrucken.
http://www.vagonweb.cz/razeni/vlak.php?zeme=DB&cislo=451&rok=2014

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0294 seconds