Home Open Account Help 352 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Heading for Europe, advice too please

Date: 10/19/14 18:36
Heading for Europe, advice too please
Author: PumpkinHogger

Given the wondrous response to the Switzerland post below, may I beg your attentions as well?

Myself and latebeans are off this week for a whirlwind tour through Europe

He arrives a few days ahead of me in Brussels, and will stop in Luxembourg to tick an L box, then ride some trains in Suisse for a few days.

As I'm still working to support the railroad retirement system, I'll arrive Saturday next, and meet up in Zurich.

From there we'll tick the other L box passing through Lichtenstein to Innsbruck, to Verona via Brenner Pass, on to Mulhouse FR in via Milan-Basel-Bern (I'll return one day and do Suisse and Italy properly) to take in the Cite du Tren, then the slow way to Paris on pre-TGV lines via Strasbourg and Troyes. From there we're on to England via Eurostar for a few days of roaming and pubbing.

Any and all thoughts, hints, and lineside sights welcome.

PH

Date: 10/20/14 03:54
Re: Heading for Europe, advice too please
Author: andersonb109

For steam, the Harz Mountains RR not too far from Berlin in the former East Germany is a must!

Date: 10/20/14 07:53
Author: McKey

Maybe this would be interesting: http://www.citedutrain.com/fr/presse

Date: 10/20/14 10:40
Author: wag216

Andy, your dad will be proud 0f you! Send us some 0f your photos. Have a good time and be safe! the Sasnak family (wag216 and ras and mp51w)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1063 seconds