Home Open Account Help 404 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Sunday at Old LInslade

Date: 11/10/14 12:17
Sunday at Old LInslade
Author: 86235

Drove out to Old Linslade on the West Coast Mainline yesterday. Despite it being a Sunday there was a fair amount of freight - MoW and revenue - expected. Here are three pictures, one featuring my favourite tree :-)

With the tree in the foreground, and the nasty new palisade fencing very evident :-( , a Freightliner 66/5 on Network Rail's HOBC (High Output Ballast Cleaner) a very impressive train made up of fifty vehicles from Plasser which measures 800 metres and is usually topped and tailed, as it was yseterday.

Here in the UK, as elsewhere, yesterday was Remembrance Sunday for which Virgin Trains had decorated the nose of this class 390 Pendolino.

And finally one of the revenue trains, DRS intermodal run on behalf of Stobart's the international haulier, from Daventry to Purfleet on the River Thames east of London.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/14 14:41 by 86235.

Date: 11/10/14 14:07
Re: Sunday at Old LInslade
Author: ATSF2324

Nice!!
Gus
Colorado

Date: 11/10/14 18:39
Author: tq-07fan

Ha! I seem to remember seeing that tree before, both here and from a Pendolino!

Jim

Date: 11/11/14 00:56
Author: McKey

Excellent work Nick! Trains on curves seem to be one of the specialties you master!

Date: 11/11/14 00:59

How are the running light arranged in UK? That kind of light arrangement around my area today signifies that the Pendolino in curve would be assigned to switching work...

Date: 11/11/14 02:01

Those lights are arranged for daylight running. If the headlight on the nearside was on, that would be for night time running.

Date: 11/11/14 02:12

So this is an additional thing engineer has to remember? What happens if he/she does not?

Date: 11/11/14 02:48

McKey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So this is an additional thing engineer has to
> remember? What happens if he/she does not?

We discussed GB light arrays earlier in the year.

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?17,3307381

Yes, they'll have to remember to turn the appropriate light on, in the same way I do on my bike. I've pictures of a London Overground 172 running with the red tail lights lit. I pointed it out to the conductor who immediately spoke to the driver over the intercom. What the sanction is for using the day lights at night and vv I have no idea but I doubt it's a serious offence, after all the lights are primarily to be seen by others rather than to see others with.

Date: 11/11/14 04:33

Thanks for explanations Nick. So it looks like the different lights are just one more thing to remember.

Date: 11/12/14 04:05
Author: 55002

Nice ones, Nick. Like the way got the Pendo tilting. Chris UK.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0437 seconds