Home Open Account Help 385 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Finland: trams in the Western Port, Helsinki

Date: 12/27/14 15:26
Finland: trams in the Western Port, Helsinki
Author: Stas

A new tram line to the Western Port (Länsisatama)of Helsinki is functioning for one year.
I think some may like the views of trams and ships. I was there before Christmas at about 15:00 when sun was very low and that added certain feel to the photos.

1. Bombardier tram, #225 at the end stop of the line, in front of port passenger terminal.

2. #231 with cruise ship Princess Maria at the background. This ship goes between Helsinki and St.Petersburg.

3. MLNRV (NR II with low floor middle section) with Princess Maria at the back. Even at the distance tram looks small. As to my knowledge, #109 is one of three trams with modified cabin. To fit air conditioning. Right, McKey?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/14 12:47 by Stas.

Date: 12/27/14 15:34
Re: Finland: trams in the Southern Port, Helsinki

4. #109 going to the end loop. At the same time ferry from Tallinn coming to the port.

5. Sunset of December.
What is good in the port, is that area has opened horizon which makes it good for shooting such scenes.

Date: 12/27/14 19:26
Author: GPutz

Very good, Stas. Kiitos. Gerry

Date: 12/28/14 14:05

My pleasure, Gerry.

Date: 12/28/14 14:09

"Artic" - new tram in front of the port terminal. This is second (#402) of two trams on testing period now. Next summer expected delivery of more trams.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0407 seconds