Home Open Account Help 266 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Big European Snow Storm

Date: 12/27/14 18:24
Big European Snow Storm
Author: jfrank39

Anyone get any pics of trains or trams in the big snow storm?

Date: 12/29/14 02:45
Re: Big European Snow Storm
Author: spflow

What snow storm? Europe is a big continent!

Date: 12/29/14 07:46
Author: Alexmarissa

I heard Slovakia got some snow.

Date: 12/31/14 09:55
Author: E111

While southern Bavaria got about 15 inches of snow from Sunday evening through Wednesday morning, I wouldn't call that a snow storm. While my pictures from yesterday went into the Nirwana due to my stupidity, here are some pictures taken today after the snowfall stopped. Most problems have been encountered on Monday, when the on-time arrivals at the Munich suburban train network reached 0% with delays of up to 50 minutes. Tuesday was much better and today only some long-distance trains encountered delays.

Picture 1: A snowy Meridian ET317 is waiting next to an already de-iced ICE2 trainset at Munich main station (Holzkirchner Wing)
Picture 2: Two MRCE class 189 multi-system locomotives are waiting for their next job outside Munich main station
Picture 3: A Meridian FLIRT3 EMU targeted for Kufstein is crossing below Munich Hackerbrücke

More to come!

E111

Date: 12/31/14 09:59
Author: E111

Picture 4: Another Meridian EMU, this time with destination Salzburg, is leaving Munich main station
Picture 5: The guys keeping the switches and intersections going
Picture 6: 245 007, one of the new ME diesel-electric units from Bombardier just arrived at Munich main station (Starnberger Wing)

All the best for 2015!

E111

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.042 seconds