Home Open Account Help 260 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Sweden: Wishes for New Year...

Date: 01/02/15 03:58
Sweden: Wishes for New Year...
Author: McKey

New Year has a lot of room for wishes here in the Nordic. Railroads are celebrating their New year in the middle of darkest, wettest and coldest time of the year, with a promise of some light ahead. Looking at the economical situation in Europe there still seems to be a lot of dark times ahead with all Euro currency countries except Germany being in severe depression and in fear of long term deflation, something that we have seen happening earlier in for example Japan.

Until now the non Euro currency Sweden has been outside of this economic decline, but no more. Green Cargo is traditionally by the largest operator (still state owned) in Nordic, hundreds of electric locomotives and well over 100 diesel road switchers running mostly in Sweden and Norway. As demand for services has declined here, a new phenomenon unseen before has surfaced: there is lots of extra motive power! Green Cargo has now taken a very American way of coping with this. They have parked much locomotion (I counted around 30 units) of their Rc4 electric locomotive fleet in the center of Eskilstuna, along with numerous smaller switcher, which I will discuss later.

Time to wish: Let's wish for the European Economy to rebounce in 2015 like U.S. economy did in 2014!

Pictures from Eskilstuna, Sweden below. I took them two days ago. If someone is wondering why in the dark, well, there is only 4 -5 hours of daylight here at this time of the year so this was the only way to visit both here and Hallsberg.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/15 04:26 by McKey.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0402 seconds