Home Open Account Help 351 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Quiz 4: Where is it?

Date: 01/03/15 01:29
Quiz 4: Where is it?
Author: McKey

Where is this station? I left some clues in the picture as I suspect this might be a bit harder to locate...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/15 03:19 by McKey.

Date: 01/03/15 05:24
Re: Quiz 4: Where is it?
Author: 3rd_Raton

Bologna, Italy

https://goo.gl/maps/FZZlu

Of course I cheated ...... Google Image Search (GIS) for "train station in Italy". The "FS" on the front of the station narrowed it down to Italy. The digital clock on the front of the building must be new.

And of course once you step out of the station right on the corner is -

https://goo.gl/maps/8CnKu

Ugh

And one more thing I almost missed ... someone outside the station noticed the Google camera car -

https://goo.gl/maps/iftul

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/15 05:37 by 3rd_Raton.

Date: 01/03/15 05:36

Yeah, definitely one way to find it ;) great use of search engine!

It had the FS logo right in the center if you know what you are looking for (FS is Italian railways). I also left bus text visible so that those can give more location info. The station is visible so that you can't so easily mix it with dozens of basically similar stations in South. I think the two Policewomen also show country identity. If you look carefully the ancient Catholic church building in the background is a proof of the country too.

But of course we are all happy to have Google around, anyone still remember the hard times before its search engines...?

I'm surprised there are so many people outside right by the station despite the very poor weather...of course this was Christmas time.

Next Quiz is already brewing...

Date: 01/03/15 06:38
Author: tq-07fan

It kind of reminded me of passing above Pacific Central Station on the SkyTrain. Even got the rain. I saw no New Flyer trolleybuses so eliminated that one. It even looks like there may be a set of trolleybus wires in the picture here.

Jim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/15 06:39 by tq-07fan.

Date: 01/03/15 11:13

It looks like there are slightly similar stations in Canada too then!

You are sharp eyed, there is indeed a trolley bus there, seen better on this second picture of the scene.

tq-07fan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It kind of reminded me of passing above Pacific
> Central Station on the SkyTrain. Even got the
> rain. I saw no New Flyer trolleybuses so
> eliminated that one. It even looks like there may
> be a set of trolleybus wires in the picture here.
>
> Jim

Date: 01/03/15 15:56
Author: tq-07fan

Well, I grew up in a city with trolleybuses. Interestingly enough the Rt 3 Main ST in front of the station in Vancouver also uses articulated (bendy) trolleybuses. Thank You for the second picture, that is a good looking trolleybus for sure!

Jim

Date: 01/04/15 00:14

For the next time I'll ask Ilkka to bring better pictures of these trolley buses too, not just trains. Looks like most of us are interested in both of these genres.

Here is one more fro you from my collection, even more can be found on 4rail.net Italian main page. This one was running in San Remo near French Italian border line. It seems quite hard to recognize different brands of these buses, not to talk about the models...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0416 seconds