Home Open Account Help 321 users online

European Railroad Discussion > I hear The Jacobite will operate this year

Date: 05/08/15 10:15
I hear The Jacobite will operate this year
Author: Grande473

My brother sent me the official notice. Anyone know the details?

Date: 05/09/15 06:16
Re: I hear The Jacobite will operate this year
Author: march_hare

I'm on their email list and their announcement makes no mention of their suspension elsewhere. Probably a good marketing move.

Date: 05/10/15 07:39
Author: marku51

As of last Friday the suspension of West Coast Railways has been lifted, so they are starting the Jacobite tomorrow. I think that some of the other services might be canceled as they get back into the swing of things, but the Jacobite is pretty important financially so they are making sure that it goes forward. There is a letter that you can read here from Network Rail: http://www.westcoastrailways.co.uk/download/Important.pdf

Date: 05/10/15 13:04
Author: Grande473

September 25 will be the day that my brother and I go railroading on the Jacobite.

Date: 05/11/15 08:43
Author: Hartington

WCR are still on probation.   They have made some changes and I believe the fact they have made those changes has encouraged the ending of the ban.   That doesn't mean they are out of the woods yet.   The changes they have made have involved some interim managers and they need to appoint permanent managers in their place.   Their ability to continue operating is dependent on how they progess in making permanent changes both to their organisation and their working practices.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0389 seconds