Home Open Account Help 273 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Holland: Recognition Help Needed

Date: 07/01/15 01:36
Holland: Recognition Help Needed
Author: McKey

It appears this is a challenging vehicle to recognize. Woudl this be one of the Köffs or something else maybe? I've been told this in Rotterdam, Holland. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/15 02:54 by McKey.

Date: 07/01/15 06:00
Re: Holland: Recognition Help Needed
Author: dcfbalcoS1

Not going anywhere with the wheels chocked on that car.

Date: 07/01/15 06:15

Definitely! :) 

And I'm not sure the engine of the locomotive could actually run if it has been parked here for years?

dcfbalcoS1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not going anywhere with the wheels chocked on that
> car.
>  

Would this be Köff or something else? It has similarities but then again, also some significant differences from "the main line Köff".

Date: 07/01/15 16:19
Author: Steinzeit

Do an internet search for "NS Sik".  These machines, over 200 of which were built starting in the 1930's, are actually diesel electric.  I think a few may still be in gainful employment, especially those fitted with cranes for permanent way service.   Sik = goat;  and Roco has done HO models of them.

SZ

Date: 07/02/15 03:47

Looks like an interesting loco with lots of variants existing during all the years this was used. Thank You Steinzeit for digging up the data!

How amazing it is that some might still be in use and a platform for mobile crane...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0389 seconds