Home Open Account Help 257 users online

European Railroad Discussion > HSB Photos

Date: 08/20/15 06:07
HSB Photos
Author: CCT41

Last week, I finally was able to visit the HSB in the Harz Mountains of Germany. Thanks to the advice of John West and many others, I came away with some really nice photographs, which i would like to share.

Date: 08/20/15 06:09
Re: HSB Photos

A few more photos

Date: 08/20/15 06:10

more photos

Date: 08/20/15 06:11

more.............

Date: 08/20/15 06:13

more............

Date: 08/20/15 06:14

one last photo.

Thanks to everyone who offered information, and enjoy!

John Black

Date: 08/20/15 07:05
Author: andersonb109

Looks like you covered most of the system. The side on shot is outstanding.  What sets this mostly steam operation apart is that it is still used by everyday locals going from place to place....not just tourists out for a train ride. Along with the four lines in Saxony....where they still stable a steam hauled school train,  about as close to "real" working steam as you can get in the 21st century.

Date: 08/20/15 07:37
Author: 86235

Love the Strassberg shot, thanks.

> Along with the four lines in Saxony....where they
> still stable a steam hauled school train,  about
> as close to "real" working steam as you can get in
> the 21st century.

Don't forget the Molli or Racing Roland in Mecklenberg in North Germany.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/15 07:43 by 86235.

Date: 08/20/15 22:18
Author: mundo

Thanks for posting these for those of us that will not be able to visit.

Date: 08/25/15 06:16
Author: Bob3985

Thank you John for posting these photos. I was fortunate in 2002  to be able to visit Germany with the encouragement and help from two great friends, Andreas and Wolfgang. I was able to visit the land of my ancestors and observe the railroad operations briefly. As it turned out my father's side came from Mecklenburg not all that far from the "Molli". I had the pleasure of chasing and riding that train. Then with a visit to the technologische museum in Berlin and a visit to the railroad in Radeburg and also the Weisseritztal, my journey was amazing. I was even taken to the SNCF museum in Mulhousen as well. Some day I will scan the 26 rolls of 36 exposure slides I took on that trip. Thanks again to Andreas and Wolfgang for the wonderful visit to my ancestral fatherland.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0492 seconds