Home Open Account Help 152 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Sweden & Norway: TXL...Whoops

Date: 11/11/15 00:35
Sweden & Norway: TXL...Whoops
Author: McKey

One of the unusual events for 2015 has been recently reported: Trenitalia owned TXL Logistik AB has lost its safety certificate and can't run trains any more. This affects tens of its customers. The story documented by media goes so that TXL was caught earlier for not training it staff properly and not making sure they run trains safely. As a result company received a warning and time to make things work the way they are supposed. So there was a follow up surprise inspection and it was found out that their engineers still did not have proper training and also that handling trains safely was an issue. As a result TX Logistik lost their certificate and was forced to stop running trains in Norway and Sweden. 

To me this seems like a very unusual was of handling business, "just giving keys for TRAXX loco to run TXL trains". Or maybe I'm missing here something, possibly to do with the Italian culture as this is a Trenitalia daughter company? Any ideas?

As a result RushRail, qualified for running trains, hires drivers for TXL AB. I interpret this as TXL driver being in the cab and RR drivers seeing over that everything goes according to book and no safety rules are neglected. Silver-blue TXL TRAXXion power is still used to handle the trains. It will be interesting to see how the story continues...

Helping hand: Rush Rail
RushRail is one of the bigger startups for Swedish rail operations market, actively competing mainly with HectorRail. In the picture below is one fo the RushRail TRAXX F140 AC2 locomotives equipped for Nordic countries. This unit is certified in Germany as class/Baureihe 185 number 415 (along the TRAXX number series commonly used in Sweden and Norway). This loco, according to Swedish tradition, has been named as "Sleepy" and was pictured in Gävle. Other Dwarves were found that Saturday in Borlänge (where they seemed to have a family meeting, possibly Snow White joining them) and Hallsberg. Interesting device sitting a top this Bombardier built TRAXX loco is the icicle dropper in front of the pantograph on one end, but not the other. This is exactly according to Green Cargo double headed services tradition in the North (Luleå-Borlänge) and leads me to think that _maybe_ some of these units were earlier actually used at GC. It just does not make sense why there would be tunnel icicle dropper on one end but not the other, or does it?  

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/15 07:59 by McKey.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1646 seconds