Home Open Account Help 365 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Class 91 110 David Livingstone

Date: 11/15/15 16:51
Class 91 110 David Livingstone
Author: NebraskaZephyr

Reading the recent post below about 91101 Flying Scotsman got me all nostalgic for my trip to Great Britain in 2003. One of the highlights of that visit was a pre-arranged footplate ride from York to Newcastle and return courtesy of the late, great GNER.

In reviewing the photos from that trip, I got several good shots of the DVT we rode on the return portion but only a couple of marginal shots of my ride up to Newcastle, 91110 David Livingstone. Would any of you fine folks have a clean shot of her (him?) in the 2003-era GNER livery you could share, or point me in the direction of one online?

I see in the course of web surfing that Virgin has since wrapped 91110 in a commemorative livery and renamed her Battle Of Britain Memorial Flight. This livery predominates the web searches for 91110 but I have found one shot on Railpictures.net in GNER colors but in push mode.

On a related note for the modelers: A few years back I purchased one of the HO/OO Hornby 225 Mallard sets in GNER livery but with my luck I did not know that David Livingstone was one of the sets offered and of course got a set lettered for Scottish Enterprise. Is it worth trying to locate decals or dry transfers to reletter mine (are there even such things?) or just put that effort into locating a 91110 set online and selling my original set?

Many thanks for whatever direction you can provide,

NZ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/15 16:52 by NebraskaZephyr.

Date: 11/16/15 04:46
Re: Class 91 110 David Livingstone
Author: 55002

Hi - a good search engine is to go through flickr.  I can't find any pic of mine in GNER livery (plenty in Battle of Britain colors), but
here's a starting point
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwbphotos/4241764037/
chris uk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/15 04:47 by 55002.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0284 seconds